The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine comes with an exclusive interview with David Tennant and Billie Piper as the reprise their roles of the Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler for a new series of audio adventures for Big Finish.
Over a decade on from their time together in the TARDIS, Tennant and Piper are back together and it sounds like business as usual for the duo.
David Tennant said:
“An audio recording’s very different to filming a bit of TV – but the vibe is the same, and the characters are the same.”
Billie Piper added:
“It’s like when you hang out with an old friend who you haven’t seen for years, and then loads of stuff has happened between you, but it’s sort of just like you’re immediately there again. I love it.”
Elsewhere in the magazine:
- Matt Lucas – DWM talk to Matt Lucas about his new autobiography, which he wrote while playing Nardole in the latest series of Doctor Who.
- Camille Coduri – Camille Coduri, who played Jackie Tyler, tells DWM what it’s like to be reunited with David Tennant and Billie Piper for more Doctor Who audio adventures.
- Sylvester McCoy – In the second part of DWM’s interview, Seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy reflects on Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary and looks forward to the show’s future.
- Box of Delights – An interview with Paul Foden, the fan whose home-made TARDIS recently appeared on Channel 4’s Amazing Spaces: Shed of the Year.
- The Time Team – The Time Team continues its mission to watch every episode of Doctor Who with 2012’s The Rebel Flesh.
- Plus… – Previews, book and audio reviews, news, the Watcher’s column, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!
Doctor Who Magazine #518 is on sale now.