A new era begins with the latest issue of the Doctor Who Magazine, which includes an exclusive interview with new Doctor Who Executive Producer Matt Strevens.
You might recognise his name from the 50th anniversary docudrama special, An Adventure in Space and Time, which he also produced. Of Series 11, Streven says:
“You get to ask for a new TARDIS and cast a new Doctor – the childhood me could never have imagined it.”
Also in this issue…
- CHRIS CHIBNALL: Doctor Who’s showrunner discusses the new logo and remembers his years as a teenage fan.
- MICHELLE GOMEZ: Michelle reflects on her time playing Missy in this exclusive interview.
- OUT OF THE TARDIS: Dan ‘Strax’ Starkey answers randomly selected questions from the TARDIS tin in the return of this much-missed feature.
- DAVID FISHER: A tribute to the late writer, whose stories include The Stones of Blood, The Leisure Hive, and the original version of City of Death.
- DOCTOR WHO LOGOS: New insights and previously unseen images from the designers who created one of Doctor Who’s best-known logos.
- JACOB DUDMAN: An interview with the actor and YouTube star, who will be impersonating the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, David Tennant and Matt Smith respectively, for Big Finish.
- DALEKS IN MILWAUKEE: The inside story of a unique record-breaking attempt.
- RICHARD DeDOMENICI: How and why did this performance artist recreate the 1973 story, Frontier in Space in its original location?
- COSPLAY: Christel Dee’s guide to making your own Time Lord collar.
- THE FACT OF FICTION: Exploring the 2011 story, The Doctor’s Wife.
- THE PHANTOM PIPER: The final instalment of this comic strip adventure featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Bill Potts, written by Scott Gray and illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
PLUS: The Blogs of Doom, season survey results, previews, book and audio reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, and much more!
Yep, there are a few items there about the new logo – and indeed, this DWM is the first to sport it. It’s divided fans though, with some saying it doesn’t stick out on the shelves. Personally, I was worried about it on merchandise, and think it lacks the punch needed to sell, but here, I think it works well. But what do you think, dear DWC readers?
Doctor Who Magazine #523 is on sale now, price £5.99.