The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine is out now and sports new photos of Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor inside and on the cover.
Inside, new showrunner, Chris Chibnall reflects on the panic around Whittaker’s announcement in July 2017:
“In my mind I’m thinking: are we really doing this? A secret shoot, with only nine people involved? Will this work? Can we reveal the new Doctor this way?
“Are the BBC really going to put it out during the Wimbledon Men’s Singles Final? Is it crazy? Will people even watch or notice? (Turns out, the answer to all those questions is yes).”
Of course, there’s stuff to cater for fans of all eras, and we think one of the highlights of the issue is a visit to the archive of Douglas Adams, Script Editor and writer of City of Death and The Pirate Planet, and, away from Doctor Who, The Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, and more.
All this, and:
- Peter Purves (Steven Taylor) answers questions from the TARDIS tin;
- The untold story of Sky Ray ice lollies and Doctor Who, with images of rare 1960s memorabilia;
- Behind the scenes on IDW’s distinctive range of American Doctor Who comics;
- Graphic designer Lee Binding reveals what went into the packaging for the Season 12 Blu-ray box set;
- The Time Team tackles three of Doctor Who’s most controversial episodes;
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2017 story, Empress of Mars;
- Seventh Doctor cosplay with Jamie Lenman;
- Part Five of The Clockwise War, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Bill Potts.
PLUS: Previews, audio reviews, news, The Blogs of Doom, competitions, and much more!
Doctor Who Magazine #528 is out now, available from all good newsagents.