Doctor Who Magazine #560 is celebrating an astounding 50 years of the Master, the Doctor’s equal and opposite. The evil Time Lord debuted in Terror of the Autons, which aired from 2nd to 23rd January 1971, and was played by Roger Delgado. Since then, the character has returned in various guises, plaguing numerous incarnations of the Doctor, and even turning good (albeit for a short-lived period)…
Highlights of this issue of DWM include:
- The results of the World Cup of the Master – a Twitter tournament to decide the renegade Time Lord’s greatest stories.
- Current Master, Sacha Dhawan answers questions from the TARDIS Tin.
- On set with Russell T Davies and Phil Collinson as they recreate some classic 1980s Doctor Who for the new Channel 4 drama It’s a Sin.
- Olly Alexander, who stars in It’s a Sin, tells DWM about working with the Daleks.
- Interviews with three of the actors who appeared in Resurrection of the Daleks: John Adam-Baker, Sneh Gupta, and Nigel Tisdall.
- Patrick Mulkern accompanies Katy Manning and John Levene on a return visit to Aldbourne, nearly 50 years after the filming of The Dæmons.
- A solution to the mystery surrounding the 1973 episode that marked Roger Delgado’s final appearance as the Master.
- An exclusive preview of the Season 8 Blu-ray box set.
- DWM’s review of the New Year’s Day Special, Revolution of the Daleks.
- The Fact of Fiction analyses the 1999 Comic Relief Special The Curse of Fatal Death.
- The DWM Christmas Quiz answers.
- The second part of The White Dragon, a new comic-strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor.
PLUS: Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #560 is on sale now, priced £5.99.