The Blu-ray range, Doctor Who: The Collection continues in November with Season 19, the first full run of episodes starring Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor!
This follows last month’s release of Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 12, Tom Baker’s debut season as the Fourth Doctor; with Limited Edition packaging, at least in the UK, that first set is currently sold out from Amazon while third-party sellers are, at the time of writing, flogging copies for £150. Suffice to say, these sets are already proving popular.
Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 19 collects together Castrovalva (Four episodes); Four To Doomsday (Four Episodes); Kinda (Four Episodes); The Visitation (Four Episodes); Black Orchid (Two Episodes); Earthshock (Four Episodes); and Time-Flight (Four episodes). All 26 episodes are being remastered from scratch by Peter Crocker and Mark Ayres. With this season’s original 16mm film elements still in existence, the location material can be presented in true HD, with studio material upscaled, making this the ideal choice for the Blu-ray treatment!
The eight-disc Limited Edition includes brand new Special Features exclusive to this set like:
- Five new ‘Making-Of’ documentaries for Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Black Orchid, Earthshock, and Time-Flight;
- Surround sound mixes for Kinda and Earthshock;
- An Extended Version of Black Orchid: Part One;
- Rare studio footage from Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Earthshock, and Time-Flight;
- Updated special effects for Castrovalva;
- Seven more editions of Behind The Sofa;
- A newly-shot one-hour interview, Peter Davison In Conversation with Matthew Sweet;
- The Peter Davison/David Tennant Childen in Need special, Time Crash.
All this, plus hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD, and more exclusive content.
Lee Binding is again providing stunning packaging design and Pete McTighe has written extensive booklet notes and is the content consultant for the title. Doctor Who: The Collection is executively produced for BBC Studios by Russell Minton.
Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 19 will be available to pre-order from HMV and Amazon from tomorrow (22nd August 2018).
Update: Oh, and if you want to see a perfect example of promotional material done right, we have this absolute gem:
(Thanks to Joe.)