Travel back to Doctor Who‘s 10th anniversary year with the next installment in the Doctor Who: The Collection Blu-ray range. Yep, that’s right, Season 10 is coming to a store near you – the first Collection featuring Jon Pertwee’s Third Doctor!
Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 10 is released on Monday 8th July 2019, the very day after Pertwee himself would have turned 100. The set includes:
- The Three Doctors
- Carnival of Monsters
- Frontier in Space
- Planet of the Daleks
- The Green Death
The Three Doctors kicks off an explosive, colourful series of adventures across all of time and space as the Doctor and Jo Grant (Katy Manning) encounter the rogue Time Lord Omega, the terrifying (ish) Drashigs, the noble Draconians, fearsome Ogrons, deadly Daleks, and slithering giant maggots. Season 10 also includes the final appearance of Roger Delgado as the Master, plus adventures alongside Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney) and UNIT (including Richard Franklin and John Levene).
With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features which include:
- A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts, and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat, and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet.
- Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks.
- Five new instalments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates), and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panel Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer), and Joy Wilkinson (Writer).
- Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
- Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
- Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries, as well as scripts, production files, and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
- The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including Death of the Doctor, two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).
And check out this new video, a sequel to The Green Death, written by new series contributor Pete McTighe (Kerblam!) and starring Katy Manning:
With an RRP of £56.16, Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 10 is out on 8th July 2019.