The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine is out now, and previews the New Year’s Day special, Resolution.
The magazine includes interviews with guest stars, Charlotte Ritchie and Nikesh Patel; director, Wayne Yip; and writer, Chris Chibnall. The latter says:
“You want it to feel like a treat: a big, thrilling,explosive, moving, cheeky, surprising treat. Basically, you want the Special to be epic. And I promise, it’s going to be epic.”
Also in this issue:
- SHARON D CLARKE: An exclusive interview with the actress who played Grace O’Brien in the 2018 series.
- FRAZER HINES: Frazer pulls some crackers from DWM’s TARDIS tin.
- DERRICK SHERWIN: A tribute to the writer, story editor, and producer who oversaw the series’ transition from black and white into colour. Highlights from a previously unpublished interview with Derrick Sherwin.
- PUBLIC IMAGE: The latest in-depth report on Series 11’s ratings.
- THE FACT OF FICTION: 1981’s spin-off K9 and Company, starring Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.
- CHRISTMAS QUIZ: Put your Doctor Who knowledge to the test with the DWM Christmas Quiz.
- THE TIME TEAM: The Team comments on Doctor Who’s very first Christmas Day episode, 1965’s The Feast of Steven.
- THE WARMONGER: Part three of a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
- SEASON SURVEY: Share your views on the latest series of Doctor Who.
- EPISODE REVIEWS: The verdict on Series 11 episodes Demons of the Punjab, Kerblam!, and The Witchfinders.
PLUS… A FREE double-sided poster, The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #533 is on sale now, price £5.99.