Did you miss out on the first two issues of the much-loved Doctor Who fanzine, Vworp Vworp!, the publication dedicated to Doctor Who Magazine and related comic strips? You can now order a very special compilation edition that collects all content from its debut issues plus adds in some new features.
This compilation also has updated cover art, incorporating various other Doctors, including Peter Cushing’s First, Peter Capaldi’s Twelfth, and John Hurt’s War Doctor. It also boasts new free gifts: Two A2 posters featuring a clean copy of the artist jam artwork, and newly restored and coloured Abslom Daak artwork by the legendary STEVE DILLON. This poster replaces the gifts previously offered with the original issues.
- New to this edition, a lost Doctor Who spec strip from 1978 drawn by BRIAN BOLLAND, newly restored and coloured
- Interviews with comic art legends STEVE DILLON, DAVE GIBBONS, and DAVID LLOYD, recounting in detail their time on so many seminal early Doctor Who Weekly strips
- A brand new article on The Star Beast: was Beep the Meep the only guilty party?
- The last word on the mid ’90s Cybermen strip with its creators ADRIAN SALMON, ALAN BARNES, and GARY RUSSELL
- Abslom Daak explored in detail, including conversations with all his creators including STEVE MOORE, an approved recreation of the lost Daak script World of the War-King drawn by MARTIN GERAGHTY and, for the first time in print, the complete script to part one of Abslom Daak… Dalek-Killer
- An exclusive chat with industry legend MICK McMAHON, together with an artist-led analysis of his legacy
- The creation of the weekly comic that would become Doctor Who Magazine, plus interviews with every editor from DEZ SKINN to SHEILA CRANNA.
You can also add a copy of issue 3’s Business as Usual or Black Legacy cover, respectively by Geraghty and Salmon, for just £3.49 making less than £20 for the set (plus P&P).
Vworp Vworp!: Compendium Vol 1 is available to pre-order now, priced £15.99, plus postage.