Hitting newsstands today is the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, where, contained within its glossy pages of goodness, are interviews with the new Doctor Jodie Whittaker and showrunner Chris Chibnall.
Chatting with DWM in its cover feature ‘Jodie Whittaker is the Doctor’ the new Doctor shared a few details behind her eye-catching new clothing:
“There is no other job in the world like this. The very first meeting (with costume designer Ray Holman) was all very secret and incognito. As we were talking I was completely distracted by the colour of the wallpaper behind us. I told Roy I absolutely loved that colour, and that’s the colour of the trousers.”
Then there’s a few reassurances from former Broadchurch creator and new Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall, who cannot wait to introduce this new era for the show:
“What’s evident is Doctor Who’s extraordinary ability to embrace change while remaining exactly the same show that people love.”
Other highlights include:
- Rachel Talalay: The director of Twice Upon a Time on the filming of Peter Capaldi and Jodie Whittaker’s regeneration scene.
- Twice Upon A Time: Exclusive set report and unseen images from the 2017 Christmas Special.
- Who is John Smith? The fan turned visual effects pro who worked on the Twelfth Doctor’s final adventures.
- Dudley Simpson: Tributes to the composer who wrote some of Doctor Who’s best-loved scores.
- TARDIS Building: A first-hand account of how the 1960s TARDIS prop was recreated for Twice Upon a Time.
- Meet The Dr Men: Writer and illustrator Adam Hargreaves explains how his Mr Men entered the world of Doctor Who.
- The Face of Evil: The Fact of Fiction explores the 1977 story that introduced the Fourth Doctor’s companion Leela.
- The Phantom Piper: Part Three of The Phantom Piper, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Bill.
Plus The Blogs of Doom, previews, reviews, news, the DWM Christmas Quiz answers and prize-winning competitions!
DWM #521 is available to buy now.