Naturally, the release of the Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 18 Blu-ray has been delayed, pushing the boxset into March 2019. Doctor Who has never been very good with time – rather ironically. And, no offense, but anyone who believed Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 18 would actually be available on its initial release date of 25th February 2019 needs their heads examining.
This is the third installment of The Collection, and the third to be delayed too. No, we don’t know why.
However, they are very much worth waiting for. The sets are gorgeous and are, for now at least, the definitive takes on the serials included.
Sadly, fans now have to wait until 11th March 2019 to enjoy Tom Baker’s final season as the Fourth Doctor on Blu-ray.
The set includes The Leisure Hive, Meglos, Full Circle, State of Decay, Warrior’s Gate, The Keeper of Traken, and Logopolis, plus K9 & Company, as well as these special features:
- New Making-Of documentary and updated special effects for Logopolis
- Revealing new 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward & Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)
- Surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
- Rare behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circle, and Logopolis
- Eight more editions of Behind The Sofa
- Brand new documentaries The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
- New interview with K9 & Company’s Ian Sears
- Another dip into the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
- HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs
- The eight-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.
March will be a grand month for fans, though – not only will we enjoy Season 18, but just a week later comes the animation of The Macra Terror.