Yes, the Thirteenth Doctor’s final episode has now been broadcast, but you can still learn more about the behind-the-scenes action in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine.
In DWM #583, Jodie Whittaker (the Doctor), Mandip Gill (Yasmin Khan), John Bishop (Dan Lewis), and showrunner, Chris Chibnall talk about making The Power of the Doctor across a 19-page feature. Plus, Chibnall signs off in his final Production Notes.
The issue also includes:
- More from Chris, as he braves questions randomly selected from the TARDIS tin.
- A full preview and contents list of the forthcoming Blu-ray box set Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 2.
- A previously unpublished interview with the late Colin Lavers reveals the stories behind the costumes he designed for 1983’s The King’s Demons and The Five Doctors.
- The sets of 1965’s Galaxy 4 are recreated, providing new insights into this mostly missing story.
- The Fact of Fiction travels deep inside the most incredible machine in the universe as it looks back at 2013’s Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.
- The final part of The Everlasting Summer, a new comic-strip adventure for the Doctor, Yaz, and Dan.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data and more.
And that’s not all… The issue further includes:
- Doctor Who: A BBC Production, a 28-page supplement tracing the behind-the-scenes history of the show and highlighting the BBC executives who have steered its course.
- A diorama of the First Doctor’s TARDIS control room.
- A huge double-sided poster with images from The Power of the Doctor.
- A download code for a complete, 60-minute Doctor Who audio drama.
Doctor Who Magazine I#583 is on sale now, priced £10.99 (in the UK).