Terrance Dicks, Eric Saward and Chris Achilleos will be signing reissues of seven classic Doctor Who novelisations from the original Target Books range.
The event will be taking place the Forbidden Planet, London Megastore on Saturday 23rd April from 1 pm to 2 pm.
For those not in the know, the Target series were originally published from the 1960’s and proved to be extremely popular with fans eager to recall events of each episode after they had air.
The seven reissues feature one title for each Doctor and cover illustrations by iconic artist Chris Achilleos, original illustrator for the 1960s and 1970s editions.
Chris Achilleos is an artist and illustrator who designed the covers of many Target novelisations during the 1970s. He also produced a limited edition print commemorating The Five Doctors, and, for SFX Magazine, a poster commemorating the première of Rose.
Speaking of the reissues, Chris said:
“I am delighted to be back on board after so many years. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, illustrating the jackets in the original old style – it felt just the same, and I am looking forward to signing them for the fans.”
The seven books, which are available for pre-order signed from Forbidden Planet from £4.99, are:
- Doctor Who and the Zarbi by Bill Strutton (First Doctor)
- Doctor Who and the Web of Fear by Terrance Dicks (Second Doctor)
- Doctor Who and the Dinosaur Invasion by Malcolm Hulke (Third Doctor)
- Doctor Who and the Genesis of the Daleks by Terrance Dicks (Fourth Doctor)
- Doctor Who: The Visitation by Eric Saward (Fifth Doctor)
- Doctor Who: Vengeance on Varos by Philip Martin (Sixth Doctor)
- Doctor Who: Battlefield by Marc Platt (Seventh Doctor)