The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine includes a rare treat: a visit to the set of two classic Third Doctor serials, featuring newly discovered interviews conducted during production on Death to the Daleks and Planet of the Spiders!
These interviews are with the Third Doctor himself, Jon Pertwee, and Sarah Jane Smith actress, Elisabeth Sladen. Planet of the Spiders is, of course, Pertwee’s final regular appearance as the Time Lord.
Highlights of the new issue include:
- Newly discovered interviews conducted at the heart of production on Death to the Daleks and Planet of the Spiders.
- The Doctor Who directing masterclass, featuring exclusive interviews with directors Joe Ahearne, Richard Clark, Graeme Harper, Douglas Mackinnon, Saul Metzstein, Jamie Magnus Stone, and Rachel Talalay.
- An exclusive preview of the Power of the Daleks Special Edition, including a selection of rare colour photos from the original 1966 production.
- The previously untold story of three young Doctor Who enthusiasts at the dawn of fandom in the early 1970s. One would go on to play the Doctor…
- Carole Ann Ford and Sophie Aldred compare their Doctor Who experiences.
- The results of DWM’s annual season survey.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2013 episode Cold War.
- The final instalment of DWM’s lockdown viewing, with a guide to stories available on DVD and streaming services.
- A look at The Night Walkers, the landmark 1969 comic strip that depicted the Second Doctor’s regeneration.
PLUS: Big Finish previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom, and much more.
Doctor Who Magazine #553 is on sale now, priced £5.99.