The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine includes an exclusive preview of the new animated series, Daleks!, part of the Time Lord Victorious event. As the first official Doctor Who animated spin-off series, it’s pretty big news, so it’ll be fascinating to learn more about the behind-the-scenes.
The magazine includes interviews with the cast and crew members, plus screenshots of the series.
Further highlights include:
- Voice artist Nicholas Briggs explains how he brought the Emperor Dalek to life.
- Doctor Who’s 50 scariest moments, with comments from Maxine Alderton, Chris Chibnall, Frazer Hines, Steven Moffat, and more.
- Ray Holman’s guide to the creatures he designed and dressed for Series 12 – with never-before-seen sketches from the Doctor Who Costume Department.
- The second part of Time Lord Victorious: Monstrous Beauty, a new comic-strip adventure for the Ninth Doctor and Rose.
- A new regular feature on memorabilia looks at how to collect the Doctor Who Annual.
- The Fact of Fiction continues its exploration of the 1964 story, Marco Polo, plus interviews with Carole Ann Ford, Philip Voss, and production assistant Penny Joy.
- Apocrypha rediscovers the 1987 comic-strip, The World Shapers.
- Reviews of new books The Monster Vault and The Knight, the Fool and the Dead.
PLUS: Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #557 is out now.