Some of Doctor Who‘s most renowned illustrators discuss their techniques in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, notably Chris Achilléos, Colin Howard, Martin Geraghty, Stuart Crouch, Anthony Dry, and Anthony Lamb.
And the great cover brilliantly pastiches The Dalek Book from 1964!
The issue also includes:
- Television producer John Lloyd discusses his never-realised 1979 four-parter The Doomsday Contract ahead of its Big Finish release.
- Meet the collectors committed to acquiring the autographs of their favourite stars.
- Behind-the-scenes insights into the interactive game The Lonely Assassins,including an interview with one of its stars, Ingrid Oliver.
- New CG images recreate the sets from the lost episodes of 1967’s The Moonbase. Plus an analysis of the serial’s original studio floorplans and a tribute to its designer, Colin Shaw.
- Doctor Who guest star Chris Noth talks about working with the Daleks in Revolution of the Daleks, the art of villainy and why he’s flying the flag for the series in America.
- Apocrypha investigates The Mystery of the Marie Celeste, a story from the 1970 Dr Who Annual.
- Reviews of the new Target novelisations Dalek, The Crimson Horror and The Witchfinders.
- The Fact of Fiction analyses 2012’s Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.
- The final part of The White Dragon, a new comic-strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor
- New regular feature Sufficient Data crunches Doctor Who’s numbers.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #562 is on sale now, priced £5.99.