Christmas is coming early: the fourth volume of fan-favourite fanzine, Vworp Vworp! will be out next month, with pre-orders open right now!
This issue of the popular magazine — edited and published by our friends, Colin Brockhurst and Gareth Kavanagh — celebrates the weird and often wonderful TV Comic, Countdown, and TV Action strips, and the equally colourful characters behind them (characters including the First Doctor’s plucky grandchildren John and Gillian, and more familiar faces like Jamie, Liz, Sarah Jane, Leela and, of course, Santa Claus!).
This 172-page issue, lavishly illustrated with original artwork and never-before-seen photos, includes:
- Interviews with artists Bill Mevin, Harry Lindfield, and Martin Asbury
- We celebrate of the lives of the late artists John Canning, Neville Main, Gerry Haylock, and Frank Langford, written with the full cooperation of their families
- Scripters Roger Noel Cook and David Motton write about their Doctor Who work
- Profiles of the strip’s other writers, artists and editors, including Tom Woodman, Alan Fennell, Dennis Hooper, Patrick Williams, and Dick Millington
- Brand new comic strips: the First Doctor, John and Gillian must avert The Trod Invasion of Earth (written by Steve Lyons and drawn by Shawn Van Briesen), the Second Doctor faces the Return of the Piper (by Tim Quinn and Paul Cowan), and there’s trouble for the Third Doctor, in the epic Revenge of the Ugrakks (by George Mann and Paul Cooke)
- The creation of Doctor Who Magazine’s homage to TV Comic, The Land of Happy Endings
- Memories of growing up with the comics, and designing a competition-winning monster
But that’t not all. On top of all that, issue 4 also includes:
- Two of its three artists discuss the making of much-loved book Doctor Who and the Daleks Omnibus, released through Marks & Spencer in 1976
- Collecting original Doctor Who artwork
- The life of prolific illustrator John Woods, who worked on many Dalek and Doctor Who books in the 1960s
And even more!
Plus, these exciting FREE GIFTS:
- Sugar Pats’, an authentic 1960s Doctor Who/ TV Comic-themed cereal packet
- A set of thrilling TV Comic stickers for your favourite cardigan
There are three different covers for Vworp Vworp! #4, and you can still get the prior three volumes, with the first two available in a special compendium.
You can order Vworp Vworp! #4, price £9.99, from www.vworpvworp.co.uk now!