2022: the year of three Doctors!
The latest Special Edition issue from Doctor Who Magazine is the 2023 Yearbook, looking back at the events of the last 12 months.
This was a time of transformation in more ways than one – the return of some familiar faces and the announcement of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Doctors (respectively, David Tennant and Ncuti Gatwa) were just a few of the highlights. And then, as outgoing showrunner Chris Chibnall handed over to Russell T Davies, production began on the episodes that will take the series into its 60th anniversary.
This special issue of DWM celebrates the Thirteenth Doctor’s entire journey and looks back on 2022.
The Special Edition includes:
- Exclusive interviews with Sophie Aldred (Ace), John Bishop (Dan Lewis), Sacha Dhawan (the Master), Janet Fielding (Tegan Jovanka), Mandip Gill (Yaz Khan), and Jodie Whittaker (the Doctor) on the making of the BBC Centenary Special, The Power of the Doctor.
- Ray Holman reveals the secrets of his costume designs for the returning Doctors and companions in Jodie Whittaker’s swansong story.
- Analyses of every single Thirteenth Doctor story, across three seasons and numerous specials, from The Woman Who Fell to Earth to The Power of the Doctor.
- A diary of the most significant events of 2022, both on screen and off.
- Tributes to the Doctor Who luminaries who passed away during 2022.
Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition #62: The 2023 Yearbook is out now, priced £7.99.