The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine celebrates arguably the greatest Doctor Who spin-off of all time, The Sarah Jane Adventures.
DWM #588 includes a 28-page retrospective of every story in the much-loved spin-off that ran from 2007 to 2011 and starred Elisabeth Sladen; plus there are new interviews with stars Daniel Anthony, Tommy Knight, and Anjli Mohindra, as well as lead writer Phil Ford.
The issue also includes:
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Five – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies on the return of The Sarah Jane Adventures to iPlayer, and the changes that had to be made.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report on the forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including exclusives from Russell T Davies, executive producer Phil Collinson, and two of Doctor Who’s new directors.
- Visual Thinking – an interview with Siân Reynish, Doctor Who’s new VFX co-ordinator.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – from a giant maggot in 1973 to K9 in 1977, the latest instalment of this series tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction takes to the high seas as it looks back at the Eleventh Doctor adventure, The Curse of the Black Spot.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to forthcoming stories in Doctor Who’s expanded universe.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #588 is on sale now, priced £6.99 (in the UK).