Tom Baker returns to Doctor Who Magazine in the latest issue to discuss his new novel (based on an old idea he mooted during filming with Ian Marter, who played Harry Sullivan), Scratchman.
Paul Kirkley also reviews the latest episode of Who, Resolution. He enthuses:
“Director Wayne Yip takes Chris Chibnall’s most blockbuster script and runs with it, delivering a punchy, adrenaline-fuelled actioner worthy of any Hollywood franchise. Or maybe it would be more accurate to talk about Hollywood franchises being worthy of Doctor Who: if only bloated beasts like Justice League and Avengers: Infinity War wereas nimble and light on their feet as this, or had the chutzpah to save the world armed with nothing more than a ready wit and a portable combination oven.”
(Yes, he did just compare Resolution to Infinity War and seemingly find the former superior. Takes all sorts, I suppose!)
The issue also includes:
- Tom Baker answers questions from the TARDIS tin;
- An interview with author, James Goss, who helped Tom write Scratchman;
- Actor Shaun Dooley (who played Epzo in The Ghost Monument) reveals his photographic contribution to Series 11 (stay tuned to the DWC to learn more!);
- A look at BBC Audio’s resurrection of the 1970s Dalek Annuals;
- Part Four of The Warmonger, a brand-new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends;
- The Time Team watches three episodes – from 2007, 1966 and 1987 – which introduce new companions;
- Cosplayer, Jamie Lenman shows his appreciation for the Sixth Doctor’s coat;
- The Fact of Fiction delves into the 2011 Eleventh Doctor story, The God Complex;
- DWM‘s reviews of Series 11 episodes, It Takes You Away, The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos, and the New Year’s Day Special, Resolution;
- An overview of Series 11’s ratings;
- Answers to the DWM Christmas Quiz.
PLUS: The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!
Doctor Who Magazine #534 is on sale now, priced £5.99.