There’s a great tune in the air as you walk along to your local newsagent to pick up the latest issues of Doctor Who Magazine – which includes an exclusive interview with Series 11 composer, Segun Akinola!
Akinola took over the role after Murray Gold departed the series, and gave us a new title theme, based on Delia Derbyshire and Ron Grainer’s original.
This issue also includes:
- A candid interview with Eric Saward, Doctor Who’s longest-serving script editor.
- Former showrunner, Steven Moffat discusses Eric’s legacy.
- Robert Allsopp describes his unusual contributions to Doctor Who’s prop and costume departments – from the Sylvester McCoy era to the present day.
- Alex Mercer describes what it’s like to be one of the current producers of Doctor Who.
- Storyboard artist, James Iles talks us through some of his stunning illustrations.
- Jacqueline King – aka Sylvia Noble, Donna Noble’s Mum – answers questions from the TARDIS tin.
- A tribute to Shane Rimmer, who guest starred in The Gunfighters in 1966.
- Part Four of Herald of Madness, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her companions.
- How one cosplayer became the War Doctor’s companion.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 1979 classic, Nightmare of Eden.
Plus: The Blogs of Doom, audio reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #538 is on sale now, priced £5.99.