The BBC is releasing a new anthology of short stories, Adventures in Lockdown, in aid of the Children in Need charity.
The book collects together stories made for the Lockdown Who rewatch projects, largely comprised of prequels and sequels, written by a number of well-known Doctor Who scribes, including Paul Cornell (Human Nature/ The Family of Blood), Pete McTighe (Kerblam!), and Joy Wilkinson (The Witchfinders).
While staying home was a vital safety measure in 2020, the freedom of the TARDIS remained a dream that drew many – allowing them to roam the cosmos in search of distraction, reassurance and adventure. Now some of the finest TV Doctor Who writers come together with gifted illustrators in this very special short story collection in support of BBC Children in Need.
Current and former showrunners – Chris Chibnall Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat – present exciting adventures for the Doctor conceived in confinement, alongside brand new fiction from Neil Gaiman, Mark Gatiss and Vinay Patel. Also featuring work from Chris Riddell, Joy Wilkinson, Paul Cornell, Sonia Leong, Sophie Cowdrey, Mike Collins and many more, Adventures in Lockdown is a book for any Doctor Who fan in your life, stories that will send your heart spinning wildly through time and space…
Here’s what’s inside:
- A Message from the Doctor
- Things She Thought While Falling by Chris Chibnall
- The Terror of the Umpty Ums by Steven Moffat
- Doctor Who and the Time War by Russell T Davies
- Revenge of the Nestene by Russell T Davies
- Rory’s Story by Neil Gaiman
- One Virtue, and a Thousand Crimes by Neil Gaiman
- The Simple Things by Joy Wilkinson
- The Tourist by Vinay Patel
- Fellow Traveller by Mark Gatiss
- The Shadow Passes by Paul Cornell
- Shadow of a Doubt by Paul Cornell
- The Shadow in the Mirror by Paul Cornell
- Press Play by Pete McTighe
- Listen by Steven Moffat
- The Secret of Novice Hame by Russell T Davies
Plus new work by these illustrators:
- Lee Binding
- Mike Collins
- Sophie Cowdrey
- Sonia Leong
- Valentina Mozzo
- Chris Riddell
- Adrian Salmon
- David Wardle
- Richard Wells
£2.25 from every copy sold in the UK of Doctor Who: Adventures in Lockdown will benefit Children in Need.
The book will be released on 5th November 2020.