Unbelievably, this year marks 25 years of Paul McGann’s Eighth Doctor, who debuted in The TV Movie in 1996. And the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine celebrates this anniversary with “What the Eighth Doctor Did Next”, a guide to the adventures that took place after The TV Movie.
DWM #564 also includes:
- A revealing interview with the actor who was very nearly cast as the Eighth Doctor.
- The second part of an exclusive interview with Christopher Eccleston.
- Director Joe Ahearne recalls working with Christopher Eccleston on the 2005 series.
- The life and career of Christopher Baker, who briefly appeared as the Doctor in The Brain of Morbius.
- A rundown of surprising references to Doctor Who in American TV series and films.
- Collectivity looks at the merchandise released to tie in with the 1996 TV movie.
- Apocrypha remembers the 2005 novel The Monsters Inside.
- The Fact of Fiction begins its analysis of 1970’s The Ambassadors of Death.
- Millie McKenzie discusses her Doctor Who-inspired clay creations.
- Sufficient Data crunches Doctor Who’s numbers.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, the DWM poll, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #564 is on sale now, priced £5.99 (in the UK). Or you can get a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £4.99.