I’m very pleased to say that the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine includes a look inside Timeslides: The Doctor Who Art of Colin Howard, alongside interviews with Colin, Andrew Skilleter, and Kit Bevan (brother of the late Phil Bevan), in which they discuss the three new books showcasing some of best Doctor Who illustrations from the pre-digital era.
I’ve been privileged enough to have edited Timeslides, so I’m hugely proud to see Col get the recognition he deserves.
That’s not all. DWM #585 also includes:
- A giant double-sided poster!
- The adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor, as played by David Tennant on TV, continue in Part Two of Liberation of the Daleks, written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan. This sees the Doctor’s greatest enemies invade the pitch during the 1966 World Cup Final…
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies presents his Christmas Countdown, packed full of teasers for the stories to come.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock provides exclusive updates about forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including an exclusive chat with Millie Gibson about her casting as companion Ruby Sunday.
- Meet the New Team – Doctor Who crew members tell us what they’re looking forward to in the 2023 Specials and beyond.
- All I Want For Christmas is Who – seasonal highlights from the past are recalled, including festive memories from Nadia Albina, Sophie Aldred, Nicholas Briggs, Nicola Bryant, Peter Davison, Barnaby Edwards, Philip Hinchcliffe, Louise Jameson, John Leeson, Katy Manning, Peter Purves, Dan Starkey, Mark Strickson, and Matthew Waterhouse.
- Talk of the Town – in his first-ever interview for DWM, actor Cy Town talks candidly about being a Dalek operator and shares previously unpublished pictures from his photo albums.
- The Watchers – fans who were lucky enough to be granted studio visits in the 1970s and early 80s recall the thrill of watching Doctor Who being made.
- Christmas in Another Dimension – what if Doctor Who had enjoyed Christmas Specials during its first 26 years? DWM imagines what could have been…
- The DWM Christmas Quiz – the traditional seasonal challenge!
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to forthcoming stories in the expanded Doctor Who universe.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Public Image and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #585 is on sale now, priced £7.99 (UK).