Can you believe we’re celebrating 40 years of the Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison)? Celery; open-faces; cricket; small, beautiful events… Oh yes, we love the Fifth Doctor. And so does Doctor Who Magazine. The results of DWM’s World Cup of the Fifth Doctor, which saw his 20 television stories pitted against each other in a series of polls on Twitter, are revealed in the latest issue.
Here’s what else is in DWM #575:
- An exclusive look at the files of 1980s script editor Eric Saward, including new interviews with Eric and some of his prospective writers.
- A previously unpublished interview with the late Spencer Chapman, in which he discusses his design work on the 1960s productions The Dalek Invasion of Earth and The Space Museum.
- The final instalment of a two-part interview with Doctor Who’s outgoing executive producer Matt Strevens.
- A recreation of the sets from 1968’s The Wheel in Space, featuring new CGI models.
- How to navigate the BBC’s growing online archive of Doctor Who content.
- Collectivity explores the appeal of action figures.
- Apocrypha revisits Catalogue of Events, a short story in Marvel Comics’ 1983 Doctor Who Summer Special.
- The Fact of Fiction looks at 2009’s The Waters of Mars.
- The second part of Hydra’s Gate, a new comic-strip story for the Doctor, Yaz, and Dan.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #575 is on sale now, priced £6.99 (in the UK).