The latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine features an exclusive interview with Chris Chibnall, looking back on his time as Doctor Who showrunner, in which he shares detailed insights into the making of the series since 2017.
Quite a few surprising revelations have come from this interview, including that The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos was a first draft that made it to screen through a lack of time!
DWM #577 also includes:
- Director Paul Joyce provides a commentary on the stills that created fantasy backdrops to his 1981 story, Warriors’ Gate.
- How Doctor Who became part of Fortnite, the biggest video game in the world.
- The team behind the forthcoming Doctor Who – Worlds of Wonder describe the new exhibition.
- A look at how the Silurians and Sea Devils have evolved since their first appearances in the 1970s.
- Collectivity meets Doctor Who’s branded-clothing collectors.
- Apocrypha revisits World Game, a 2005 Second Doctor novel by Terrance Dicks.
- The Fact of Fiction saddles up for A Town Called Mercy.
- The fourth and final part of Hydra’s Gate, a new comic-strip story for the Doctor, Yaz, and Dan.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data, and more!
Doctor Who Magazine #577 is out now, priced £6.99 (in the UK).