Doom’s Day, the new merchandising event, launches in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, which also ranks the adventures of the Seventh and Ninth Doctors, played respectively by Sylvester McCoy and Christopher Eccleston.
Doctor Who Magazine #592 comes with a 20-page supplement featuring Four Hours of Doom’s Day – a new comic-strip adventure including Autons, Cybermen, and more. Inside the magazine itself, Sooz Kempner, aka Doom the assassin, discusses playing the lead character in the new cross-media Doom’s Day.
The issue also includes:
- A giant double-sided poster.
- Day of Reckoning – the complete guide to Doom’s Day, with insights from the people who have created the stories.
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies looks forwards to the new episodes of Doctor Who, and recalls the revived series’ launch back in 2005.
- The Doctor’s Wife – actor and author Elizabeth Morton on being the wife of the Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, and the mother-in-law of the Fourteenth, David Tennant!
- Working Wonders – colleagues and family recall the pioneering visual effects created by the late Peter Day.
- The DWM 60th Anniversary Poll – the analysis of the results continues, with this issue looking at the rankings of the Seventh and Ninth Doctor’s adventures.
- Memory Worm – Dalek writer Robert Shearman puts his knowledge of his Doctor Who career to the test.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Quick Draw – John Erasmus reveals what it’s like to work as a storyboard artist on the new series of Doctor Who.
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Nine – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – the latest instalment of the series that tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction concludes it exploration of the Second Doctor’s encounter with the Cybermen aboard The Wheel in Space.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including cast announcements.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to new stories in Doctor Who’s expanded universe.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #592 is on sale now, priced £10.99 (UK).