The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine includes an exclusive preview of Revolution of the Daleks, the festive special which is due to air on 1st January 2021.
This features contributions from the Thirteenth Doctor herself, Jodie Whittaker; as well as Captain Jack actor, John Barrowman; returning star, Chris Noth; guest actor, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett; writer, Chris Chibnall; director, Lee Haven Jones; and costume designer, Ray Holman.
Further highlights of Doctor Who Magazine #559 include:
- The latest from showrunner Chris Chibnall in his Production Notes.
- A behind-the-scenes look at the trailer for the Season 8 Blu-ray box set, with writer and director Pete McTighe, plus Katy Manning, and Stewart Bevan.
- Christmas with the Doctor – a fresh look at stories that were broadcast during the festive period between 1963 and 1989.
- What did missing 1965 episode The Feast of Steven actually look like? DWM’s CGI recreation offers some clues.
- The strange story of the 1964 record I’m Gonna Spend My Christmas with a Dalek.
- Interviews with the team behind the immersive theatre experience Time Fracture.
- The final instalment of a two-part article exploring David Whitaker’s influence on the Daleks.
- The Fact of Fiction analyses the 2014 festive special, Last Christmas.
- Apocrypha rediscovers the bizarre 1965 comic strip, A Christmas Story.
- The DWM Christmas Quiz!
- The first part of The White Dragon, a new comic-strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom and more.
PLUS: a giant, double-sided poster!
Doctor Who Magazine #559 is on sale now, priced £6.99 in the UK.