It’s been quite a few years since this last happened: David Tennant and Catherine Tate share the cover of the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine!
This issue includes exclusive behind-the-scenes stories from Russell T Davies, Doctor Who’s incoming showrunner, about the return of David Tennant and Catherine Tate to the programme.
Highlights of the new issue include:
- Newly released documents reveal the details behind the classification certificates of Doctor Who videos in the 1980s and 90s.
- Robert Sidaway, who played Avon in The Savages (1966) and Captain Jimmy Turner in The Invasion (1968), talks about his Doctor Who roles for the first time.
- The friends, colleagues and admirers of Verity Lambert pay tribute to Doctor Who’s first producer.
- Authors James Moran and Rona Munro discuss their forthcoming Target books, The Fires of Pompeii and The Eaters of Light.
- Writer Juno Dawson and producer Ella Watts on the making of the acclaimed podcast series Doctor Who: Redacted.
- Visual effects designer Paul Mann recalls the making of Timelash (1985) with the help of previously unseen photos from his collection.
- Chris Cassell and Justin T Lee explain how the special effects of Timelash have been newly enhanced for the Season 22 Blu-ray box set.
- Fear of the Future, a brand-new comic strip adventure for the Doctor, Yaz, and Dan.
- The Fact of Fiction uncovers the hidden secrets of 1985’s Vengeance on Varos.
- Apocrypha revisits the seminal 1993 New Adventures novel, Deceit.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Sufficient Data, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #579 is on sale now, priced £6.99 (UK).