A new Special Edition of The Power of the Daleks will be released in July 2020, and will include new material including documentaries about the Daleks, an edition of Whicker’s World from January 1968, and Patrick Troughton’s earliest surviving TV appearance.
As the Second Doctor’s debut story, The Power of the Daleks‘ status as an entirely missing serial is especially sad; fortunately, in 2016, the audio of the six-parter was paired with animation to bring it back to life. This Special Edition boasts new and improved animation and authentic black and white visuals, in high definition.
New additional material includes:
- Two new documentaries about The Power of the Daleks
- 1993 BBC audio version of The Power of the Daleks narrated by Tom Baker
- Raw incidental music
- Photogrammetry Featurette
- Whicker’s World – I Don’t Like My Monsters to Have Oedipus Complexes (featuring an interview with Terry Nation)
- Daleks – The Early Years: A 1992 documentary presented by Peter Davison
- Robin Hood (1953) episode: Patrick Troughton’s earliest surviving TV appearance
- BBC archive footage from BBC regional news, BBC Breakfast, Blue Peter, and Newsnight
- Previously unreleased animation trailers and animatics
- Easter Eggs
The Power of the Daleks will be released on 6 July, and is available to pre-order now.