The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine catches up with new companion, Mandip Gill, who plays Yasmin “Yaz” Khan alongside Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor.
Gill reveals she had prioritised Doctor Who above other jobs in the hopes that her audition would go well:
“I turned down other jobs because I really wanted this… A lot of opportunities came up while I was waiting but my heart was set on Doctor Who.”
Also in this issue:
- Previews: Looking ahead to the next episodes of Series 11 with writers, Chris Chibnall, Ed Hime, Pete McTighe and Joy Wilkinson, as well as director, Sallie Aprahamian.
- Cosplay: Doctor Who’s costume designer, Ray Holman provides tips on how to cosplay members of Team TARDIS.
- Out of the TARDIS: The legendary Bernard Cribbins answers questions from the DWM TARDIS tin.
- Madame Tussauds: DWM attends the unveiling of the waxwork Thirteenth Doctor in Blackpool.
- TARDIS Revolution: The second part in a series looking at the evolution of the TARDIS control room.
- Ratings Round-up: An in-depth look at the ratings for the first episodes of Series 11.
- Who‘s Crew: Key members of Doctor Who’s current production team describe their roles.
- The Time Team Who Fell To Earth: The Team watches the Thirteenth Doctor’s first episodes.
- David Solomons: An interview with the author of the new Doctor Who novel, The Secret in Vault 13.
- Reviews: The verdict on Series 11 episodes, Rosa, Arachnids in the UK, and The Tsuranga Conundrum.
- Blu-ray Preview: Inside the new box set Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 19.
- The Warmonger: The second part of a comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
PLUS: The Blogs of Doom, reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, and much more!
Doctor Who Magazine #532 is on sale now, priced £5.99.