To celebrate Pride Month, Doctor Who Magazine #591 catches up with showrunner, Russell T Davies, who talks about the casting of Yasmin Finney as Rose.
DWM also celebrates the most significant LGBTQ+ characters from the show’s history.
Doctor Who Magazine #591 is further includes:
- Professor XXX – in her first major interview with DWM for many years, Alex Kingston remembers her time as River Song, the Doctor’s wife.
- Express Delivery – award-winning writer Jamie Mathieson looks back on his episodes: Mummy on the Orient Express, Flatline, The Girl Who Died, and Oxygen.
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies discusses the titles for the Fourteenth Doctor Specials.
- The DWM 60th Anniversary Poll – the analysis of the results continues, with this issue looking at the rankings of the Fifth and Sixth Doctor’s adventures.
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Eight – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- Memory Worm – a new series of articles begins, as actor Dan Starkey puts his knowledge of his Doctor Who roles to the test.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Location, Location, Vocation – Alex Moore reveals what it’s like to work as an assistant location manager on the new series of Doctor Who.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including cast announcements.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – the latest instalment of the series that tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the Second Doctor’s encounter with the Cybermen aboard The Wheel in Space.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to new stories in Doctor Who’s expanded universe.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #591 is out now, priced £7.99 (in the UK).