The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine puts Doctor Who in the 1960s under the spotlight, as every First and Second Doctor story is ranked by the readers.
This begins the 60th anniversary polls, with analysis of the results. So which comes out on top? We can think of so many fantastic 1960s Doctor Who stories…
- The Daleks
- Marco Polo
- The Aztecs
- The Dalek Invasion of Earth
- The Crusade
- The Time Meddler
- The War Machines
- The Tenth Planet
- The Power of the Daleks
- The Evil of the Daleks
- The Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Web of Fear
- The Invasion
- The War Games
And many more. But which one is best?
This issue of Doctor Who Magazine also includes an interview with all three directors of the forthcoming 60th anniversary specials, Chanya Button, Tom Kingsley, and Rachel Talalay.
DWM #589 also includes:
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Six – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies on writing the next series, exciting nights out and the hunt for silver glitter body spray.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report on the forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including new cast announcements and executive producer Phil Collinson on Doctor Who’s involvement with Comic Relief 2023.
- How Cleo Carried On – Cleo Sylvestre recalls the early years of her career, when she appeared in the 1965 story The Crusade.
- Best Life – Moses Ogundeji reveals what it’s like to work as ‘best boy’ on the new series of Doctor Who.
- Tea Time Terror – a look back at The Amazing World of Doctor Who, the 1976 book that’s about to gain a surprising new lease of life.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – from The Key to Time in 1978 to a Neo-Cyberman in 1982, the latest instalment of this series tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction uncovers the secrets of the acclaimed Twelfth Doctor adventure Flatline.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to forthcoming stories in Doctor Who’s expanded universe.
PLUS: Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine #589 is out now.